Who needs a visa for Sri Lanka?
According to the ordinance from the 1st January 2012 : all tourist/business and transit passengers going to/through Sri Lanka are obligated to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) - entry of persons without a valid visa will be rejected.
Nationalities of countries listed below are exempt from the eTA:
- The Republic of Singapore
- The Republic of Maldives
- The Republic of Seychelles
Please choose type of your visa accordingly with the purpose of visit:
Sightseeing, holidaying, visiting friends and relatives, medical treatment - including Ayurvedic and yoga, participate in sporting events, competitions and activities relating to cultural performance.
Participate in business meetings and negotiations, participate in Conferences/workshops and seminars, partake in Short term training programs (less than one month), participate in art/ music and dance events, participating in religious events, participate in Symposium necessary documents :
- passport (your passport's validity cannot be less than 6 months from the date of proposed journey).
Please note that each person has to submit its individual eTA visa application : e.g. family of three will need to complete and submit three visa application for each person separately.
Your eTA will be valid to use within 90 days from the date of issue ( you can arrive in Sri Lanka within that period of time ) and your stay cannot exceed 30 days from the date of your arrival in Sri Lanka, while:
- an eTA for tourists is a double entry visa (allows to re-enter Sri Lanka within the 30 days from your first arrival in Sri Lanka).
- an eTA for business is a multiply entry visa ( allows to re-enter Sri Lanka multiply times within the 30 days from the first day of arrival).
An approved eTA will be sent to the email address provided in the application form. It is recommended to print out the document and to present it after the arrival alongside with your passport.