Every year thousands of US citizens travel abroad to enjoy a rich and fun vacation, where without a doubt, Sri Lanka has become one of the favorite destinations because you can hike in the jungle, meet wild animals in the different national parks, be dazzled by the glow of the stars from the highest peaks of Sri Lanka, and even explore the water life of the ocean.
On the other hand, you will be able to enjoy the different meals that you can make with a rice base.
You will be surprised how many ways there are to mix the rice and how each family gives it a unique flavor.
- Best Organization Tips for US Citizens when traveling to Sri Lanka
- Quick Guide for US citizens to apply for an e-visa to Sri Lanka
As it is an overseas trip it requires the US citizen to review in advance all the documentation that is necessary to have at the time of entry into Sri Lanka.
In this case, if you are visiting Sri Lanka for the first time, you will only need your valid passport and electronic travel authorization. But in those cases where you already have a visa to Sri Lanka, the electronic authorization will not be required.
The first step is to make the application for approval of the e-visa to Sri Lanka, which takes no more than 72 hours to get a response. Then you can proceed to book air tickets and hotel rooms.
The purpose of the process is to avoid any setbacks in case the e-visa takes longer than expected to be approved. It is safer to make the respective reservations with the already approved travel authorization.
With all the requirements ready, the ticket and room reservations made, all that remains is to create a list of the places, parks, and cities you want to visit in Sri Lanka, taking into account that the duration of your trip should not exceed 30 days, which is the maximum time your travel authorization has to stay in the country.
- Step 1: every US citizen must have a United States passport with 6 months validity and possess a debit or credit card with availability to make online payments.
- Step 2: To apply for the e-visa to Sri Lanka you must fill out a form with all your details such as full name, passport number, email. It is a simple form that takes no more than 10 minutes to complete.
- Step 3: The form will ask you the reason for your trip, so you have to choose between tourism, transit or business.
Note: the transit e-visa allows you to stay in the country for 72 hours, it is useful for those moments when your final destination is a country different from Sri Lanka but the plane stops in the country, the authorization allows you to leave the airport and return at the time of your next flight. On the other hand, the business e-visa is when you are going to attend events and business conferences in which you have been invited by a particular company, the duration of this permit is 30 days. Tourism e-visa is the ideal one when you go on vacation to the country.
- Step 4: Verify that all the data entered in the form is accurate. Entering any of the data incorrectly affects the approval of the permit.
- Step 5: Proceed with your credit or debit card to cancel the service charges.
- Step 6: Verify in your e-mail that you have received the payment receipt.
- Step 7: Wait for the approval response which will automatically be e-mailed to you within 72 hours.
It is important to emphasize that during the process of application for the e-visa to Sri Lanka, the US citizen is not alone, there is a specialized team of agents available 24 hours a day to help you in case you have any kind of doubt.
As the e-visa application service is active every day of the year, 24 hours a day, you can apply at the time that suits you best, so you don’t have to worry about complicated schedules. Besides, the whole process is done online, so you can do it from home.