Sri Lanka is one of the beautiful countries in the world, popularly known for its vast tea plantations and gorgeous beaches.
As a US citizen, who is planning to travel to Sri Lanka during the summer holiday, you need to apply for Sri Lanka Visa for us citizens. The application process is both easy and fast.
All you have to do is apply for the visa through the iVisa or you can apply via the Sri Lanka Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA).
The good news is that Sri Lanka provides a visa on arrival so as to make the entire procedure simple, efficient, and time-saving.
In other words, there is no need to go through the demanding process of gathering documents and making frequent visits to the embassy.
- How to Apply for Sri Lanka Visa?
- How to Submit Your ETA Online?
- How to apply to the Embassy of Sri Lanka?
- Types of Visas
How to Apply for Sri Lanka Visa?
You can make the application online through the ETA. This platform is an official online system that plays an important role in authorizing short visits to Sri Lanka.
This type of visa is issued electronically by the Immigration and Emigration Department of Sri Lanka.
It is worth mentioning that the ETA system is efficient, reliable, and easy to use. Here below are the various ways in which you can apply for your ETA:
How to submit your eTA online?
The following are the simple steps you can use to submit your Electronic Travel Authorization online:
- Make sure that you have a working Internet before you start the application. Enter the ETA page and fill in the ETA application form.
- Pay the required visa processing fee
- Submit your fully filled ETA application
- If the application is successful, you will receive s referral notification.
How to apply to the Embassy of Sri Lanka?
- Fill in the Electronic Travel Authorization at the Embassy and submit the duly filled form to the visa officer with the appropriate fee
- The embassy will issue you with the ETA/short live Sri Lankan visa within 3 business days
- A confirmation with the reference code will be sent to the principal applicant as well as the Embassy
- To check your ETA application status, contact the ETA call center.
Types of Visas
There are three common Sri Lankan visas namely:
Short Visit Visa
In order to be issued with this type of visa, you do not need to submit passport copies, photographs, and documents during the application process. Therefore, this type of visa is the easiest to apply.
You can only apply for this type of visa at the High Commission and ought to be submitted 14 days (2 weeks) before traveling to Sri Lanka.
Lastly, there is a transit visa, which has a duration that ranges from 2 to 15 days.
Legality of ETA
With the ETA, you are eligible to enter Sri Lanka for a period not exceeding 90 days from the day of issue. However, you can request for extension at the visa section of the Department of Immigration and emigration.