Sri Lanka is one of the most convenient countries for vacationing as it has two international airports and different flights connecting the country with Europe, the Middle East, and other Asian countries.
Besides it is very attractive due to all the influences of the Muslims, Dutch, British, and Portuguese who have contributed to the rich history, culture, gastronomy, and architecture of Sri Lanka.
By visiting this beautiful country you will fall in love with the elephants at the Pinnawala orphanage, enjoy the delicious food at the Colombo Crab Ministry, and delight with the delicious Ceylon tea that characterizes the country.
However, for a Japanese citizen to be able to visit the country, you must possess a passport and an electronic travel authorization to stay for 30 days. Don’t worry, though, because our team of experts will explain the process to be followed.
How to apply for an eTA to Sri Lanka
Fortunately, for a Japanese citizen applying for an eTA to Sri Lanka is a very simple process, requiring only 10 minutes of your time.
Although in the first instance you will need to have your valid passport at hand and a computer with an internet connection, as the application is carried out online.
- The application for the travel permit consists of a form in which the Japanese citizen must add their personal data, including active phone and e-mail.
- Next, using a credit or debit card, the citizen traveling must cover the expenses incurred by the application.
- Finally, the Japanese traveler will receive the approval response by e-mail.
It is important to note the electronic travel authorization can also be granted in business cases, for example when a Japanese citizen is invited to a conference or business event.
On the other hand, the approval response is issued within 72 hours, so you can easily travel to Sri Lanka without any complications.
Japanese all-time favorite hotels in Sri Lanka
Traveling to Sri Lanka during the summer vacation is an unforgettable experience all Japanese should live, so today our team of experts, after granting you the eTA to Sri Lanka, brings you to the list of hotels that all Japanese have enjoyed while staying in this country.
- If you are looking to relax by the pool or along the island’s golden beach, the Casa Colombo Collection in Mirissa is ideal for you. Its suites are like individual residences with a view of the Indian Ocean and others with a private pool. Furthermore, it has an elegant restaurant that offers the most delicious fresh seafood by the beach. For more enjoyment, you will have an elegant luxury yacht ideal if you want to take a tour through the sea.
- The second favorite hotel by the Japanese is the Anilana Craigbank Nuwara Eliya because its rooms have luxury upholstery, high ceilings, independent bathtubs, French windows, interiors with art decorations, fireplaces lit at night and beautiful gardens. In the evenings you can have tea on the terrace, then play golf at a club that is a century old and has beautiful scenery to enjoy this wonderful sport.
- Finally, among the favorites is the Ceylon Tea Trails which offers you a glimpse of the British lifestyle, where each historic bungalow is located on top of a mountain overlooking the Ceylon tea plantations. You can relax under the beautiful view of the plantations to read, spend a day at the spa, or play croquet or pool.
Top best restaurants in Sri Lanka every Japanese enjoy
Traveling with an eTA to Sri Lanka means that you have the opportunity to enjoy its exotic food in the best restaurants of the country, so we bring you a small guide to try the best meals that only Sri Lanka has for you.
- First of all, there is the Ministry of Crab located in Colombo, where you can enjoy different dishes where the central star is the crab.
- Then at 35 kilometers from Colombo, is the Hotel the Wallawwa where with a colonial-style they prepare the best local cuisine, of which its star ingredient is curry.
- Finally, you must visit the Gallery Cafe, where you can delight your palate with a fusion of local food with international influences, its most famous dishes are Gotu kola soup, tandoori salmon, and black pork curry.
Definitely, thinking about holidays, a moment of relaxation and many sports activities to enjoy is synonymous with Sri Lanka, the country with the paradisiacal beaches, exotic food for all tastes, and incredible natural landscapes for an unparalleled experience.